- And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them, to minister unto me in the priest’s office : Take one young bullock, and two rams without blemish,
This is what to be done to make those that will minister unto me holy.
Take a young bull and two Rams that have no spots or scars (defects).
- and unleavened bread, and cakes unleavened tempered with oil, and wafers unleavened anointed with oil : of wheaten flour shalt thou make them.
Bread without yeast, cake without yeast but mixed with oil, then water without yeast, anointed with oil. Use the fines of flour to make them.
- And thou shalt put them into one basket, and bring them in the basket, with the bullock and the two rams.
Put everything into one basket, and take the basket along with the bullock and Rams,
- And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shalt wash them with water.
Aaron and his sons will bring them to the place of meeting and wash them with water
- And thou shalt take the garments, and put upon Aaron the coat, and the robe of the ephod, and the ephod, and the breastplate, and gird him with the curious girdle of the ephod :
- and thou shalt put the mitre upon his head, and put the holy crown upon the mitre.
- Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.
You’ll dress Aaron totally with the clothing I told you about, then you will anoint his head.
- And thou shalt bring his sons, and put coats upon them.
- And thou shalt gird them with girdles, Aaron and his sons, and put the bonnets on them : and the priest’s office shall be theirs for a perpetual statute : and thou shalt consecrate Aaron and his sons.
Bring his sons and dress them as well, let all of them wear their shorts, the priests office will be theirs forever. Consecrate Aaron and his sons
- ¶ And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation ; and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock.
Then a bullock will be brought to the place of meeting, then Aaron and his sons will put their hand upon its head
- And thou shalt kill the bullock before the Lord, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
And they will kill it by the entrance of the place of meeting
- And thou shalt take of the blood of the bullock, and put it upon the horns of the altar with thy finger, and pour all the blood beside the bottom of the altar.
Then take the blood of the bull, and touch the hinges of the altar with it and pour the remaining blood beside the altar
- And thou shalt take all the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul that is above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and burn them upon the altar.
Take all the fat from the insides, the membrane on the liver, the kidneys, and burn them on the altar.
- But the flesh of the bullock, and his skin, and his dung, shalt thou burn with fire without the camp : it is a sin offering.
But the meat, skin and excrement of the bull, you’ll take outside the camp and burn. That is a sin offering. (We’ve seen burnt, peace, sin).
- ¶ Thou shalt also take one ram ; and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the ram.
- And thou shalt slay the ram, and thou shalt take his blood, and sprinkle it round about upon the altar.
Then they will take one of the Rams, lay their hands upon its head and behead it. Then take the blood and sprinkle it on the altar roundabout
- And thou shalt cut the ram in pieces, and wash the inwards of him, and his legs, and put them unto his pieces, and unto his head.
Cut the ram open and wash its insides. And legs and place them together with its head
- And thou shalt burn the whole ram upon the altar : it is a burnt offering unto the Lord : it is a sweet savor, an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
Burn the ram on the altar. That’s burn sacrifice. An offering made by fire to the Lord. It has a sweet aroma 🙃
- ¶ And thou shalt take the other ram ; and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the ram.
- Then shalt thou kill the ram, and take of his blood, and put it upon the tip of the right ear of Aaron, and upon the tip of the right ear of his sons, and upon the thumb of their right hand, and upon the great toe of their right foot, and sprinkle the blood upon the altar round about.
Then the last ram should be taken, slaughtered, then it’s blood should be taken and dabbed on the tip of the right ear of Aaron 👂🏾👈🏾 and same on his sons, on the tip of their right thumbs as well, and their right foot big toe, then the blood should be poured on the altar all round.
- And thou shalt take of the blood that is upon the altar, and of the anointing oil, and sprinkle it upon Aaron, and upon his garments, and upon his sons, and upon the garments of his sons with him : and he shall be hallowed, and his garments, and his sons, and his sons’ garments with him.
Take part of the blood on the altar along with anointing oil, and sprinkle it upon Aaron and his sons’ garments. That’s how the garments will be consecrated
- ¶ Also thou shalt take of the ram the fat and the rump, and the fat that covereth the inwards, and the caul above the liver, and the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, and the right shoulder ; for it is a ram of consecration :
Take part of the fat of the ram, with its tail, the fat inside, the membrane on the liver, the two kidneys, and the right thigh, because it is a ram of consecration
- and one loaf of bread, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of the unleavened bread that is before the Lord :
- and thou shalt put all in the hands of Aaron, and in the hands of his sons ; and shalt wave them for a wave offering before the Lord.
Take a loaf of bread and a cake of oiled bread, one wafer out of the basket of unleavened bread, put them in the hands of Aaron and his sons and let them wave it 🙌🏾🙌🏾 it is a wave offering unto the Lord
- And thou shalt receive them of their hands, and burn them upon the altar for a burnt offering, for a sweet savor before the Lord : it is an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
Collect it from them and burn it upon the altar. It becomes a burnt offering of sweet aroma. It is an offering by fire
- ¶ And thou shalt take the breast of the ram of Aaron’s consecration, and wave it for a wave offering before the Lord : and it shall be thy part.
Take the breast of the ram that was used for consecration and Wave it. It is for you.
- And thou shalt sanctify the breast of the wave offering, and the shoulder of the heave offering, which is waved, and which is heaved up, of the ram of the consecration, even of that which is for Aaron, and of that which is for his sons :
Sanctify the breast of the wave offering, the shoulder of the heave offering (which is also waved and heaved up) of the ram of consecration…the ones belonging to both Aaron and sons
- and it shall be Aaron’s and his sons’ by a statute for ever from the children of Israel ; for it is a heave offering : and it shall be a heave offering from the children of Israel of the sacrifice of their peace offerings, even their heave offering unto the Lord.
And it shall be a rule that it be for Aaron and his sons forever. Because it is a heave offering, and it is from the heave and peace offerings of the children of Israel
- ¶ And the holy garments of Aaron shall be his sons’ after him, to be anointed therein, and to be consecrated in them.
And Aaron’s holy garments will be for his sons after him. Of which they will be anointed and consecrated within it (they will wear it for consecration)
- And that son that is priest in his stead shall put them on seven days, when he cometh into the tabernacle of the congregation to minister in the holy place.
And the son that is a priest as a replacement, shall wear it for 7days when he comes to the place of meeting to minister in the holy place
- ¶ And thou shalt take the ram of the consecration, and seethe his flesh in the holy place.
Take the ram of consecration and boil its flesh in the holy place
- And Aaron and his sons shall eat the flesh of the ram, and the bread that is in the basket, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
Aaron and his sons will eat of the boiled flesh. And the unleavened bread that’s in the basket at the entrance
- And they shall eat those things wherewith the atonement was made, to consecrate and to sanctify them : but a stranger shall not eat thereof, because they are holy.
They are to eat from the thing in which atonement was made, to consecrate and sanctify them, but no stranger is to eat of it. Because it has been made holy
- And if aught of the flesh of the consecrations, or of the bread, remain unto the morning, then thou shalt burn the remainder with fire : it shall not be eaten, because it is holy.
And if part of the flesh or the bread remains till the next day, it shall be burnt and not eaten, because it is holy
- ¶ And thus shalt thou do unto Aaron, and to his sons, according to all things which I have commanded thee : seven days shalt thou consecrate them.
Based on everything I’ve told you, do to Aaron and his sons. Consecrate them for 7 days
- And thou shalt offer every day a bullock for a sin offering for atonement : and thou shalt cleanse the altar, when thou hast made an atonement for it, and thou shalt anoint it, to sanctify it.
Every day, a bullock is to be offered as sin offering, apart from atoning, clean the altar and anoint it and sanctify it (This is meant to be for atonement of sin, and now –in modern times, that sacrifices are rarely done, its not a bad idea to ask for forgiveness of sins everyday).
- Seven days thou shalt make an atonement for the altar, and sanctify it ; and it shall be an altar most holy : whatsoever toucheth the altar shall be holy.
7days you will atone on the altar, and you will always sanctify it. It will be the most holy altar and anything that touches it will be holy
- ¶ Now this is that which thou shalt offer upon the altar ; two lambs of the first year day by day continually.
And this is what you must offer on the altar.
Two lambs that are still within their first year. Every day, you will offer them
- The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning ; and the other lamb thou shalt offer at even :
One in the morning and one in the evening.
- and with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of a hin of beaten oil ; and the fourth part of a hin of wine for a drink offering.
The first lamb which is to be offered in the morning is to be with an Omer of good flour and mixed with 1/4 of a hin of beaten oil and of wine as a drink offering.
- And the other lamb thou shalt offer at even, and shalt do thereto according to the meat offering of the morning, and according to the drink offering thereof, for a sweet savor, an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
- This shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord, where I will meet you, to speak there unto thee.
The second lamb which is for the evening, do it like that I’d a grain offering and drink offering of the morning, which is an offering made by fire. It should be done forever at the entrance of the place of meeting before the Lord.
- And there I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory.
I will meet you there and speak to you. There will I meet with the children of Israel. It will be sanctified with my glory. (The glory of God sanctifies).
- And I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar : I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me in the priest’s office.
- And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.
- And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them : I am the Lord their God.
Aaron and his sons will be sanctified that they may minister unto me (it is a requirement. For you to minister and not ‘die’, you need to be sanctified). Then will I dwell with Israel and be their God. Their God who brought them out of Egypt. I AM their God.