- And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
- Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering : of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.
And the lord spoke to Moses saying, TELL ISRAEL, THAT THEY SHOULD BRING ME AN OFFERING, AND ANY MAN THAT GIVES HIS OFFERING WILLINGLY (NOT GRUDGINGLY) AND IF THE OFFERING IS FROM HIS HEART, YOU ARE TO COLLECT IT
- And this is the offering which ye shall take of them ; gold, and silver, and brass,
- and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats’ hair,
- and rams’ skins dyed red, and badgers’ skins, and shittim wood,
- oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense,
- onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
The offerings you can take from them should be anyone of the following…gold, silver, brass, blue/purple scarlet and linen, goat hair, ram skin that’s dyed red, badgers skins, shittim wood, oil for light, spices for anointing oil and sweet incense, onyx stone, stones to put in the ephod, and in the breast plate
- And let them make me a sanctuary ; that I may dwell among them.
LET THEM MAKE ME A SANCTUARY SO THAT I WILL DWELL AMONG THEM
- According to all that I show thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.
I will show you some patters, and you will make the sanctuary after it. Even the instruments within
- ¶ And they shall make an ark of shittim wood : two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
- And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.
- And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof ; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.
- And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.
- And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.
- The staves shall be in the rings of the ark : they shall not be taken from it.
- And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
- And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold : two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
- And thou shalt make two cherubim of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
- And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end : even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubim on the two ends thereof.
- And the cherubim shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another ; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.
- And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark ; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
Descriptives of an ark…which is pretty easy to comprehend and even better if you have an imaginative mind. I can even draw it.
Okay, I’ll make a sketch…😏
Now, this would be the second major time that the term ‘Cherubim’ would be mentioned. First was when Adam and his wife were sent out of the garden. From what we see of them, they always seem to guard or shield or protect somethings pertaining to God.
Im so sorry i added extra details. its because of the stereotypes i had seen before. The bible text never said they were kneeling down.
- And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee
I will speak to you from the top of the mercy seat. From he midst of the two cherubims which is covered with wings. The ark of testimony is a testimony of the things the Lord will give Moses. So they would be inside it.
- in commandment unto the children of Israel.
- ¶ Thou shalt also make a table of shittim wood : two cubits shall be the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
- And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, and make thereto a crown of gold round about.
- And thou shalt make unto it a border of a handbreadth round about, and thou shalt make a golden crown to the border thereof round about.
- And thou shalt make for it four rings of gold, and put the rings in the four corners that are on the four feet thereof.
- Over against the border shall the rings be for places of the staves to bear the table.
- And thou shalt make the staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold, that the table may be borne with them.
- And thou shalt make the dishes thereof, and spoons thereof, and covers thereof, and bowls thereof, to cover withal : of pure gold shalt thou make them.
A table as well with virtually the same dimensions as the ark.
- And thou shalt set upon the table showbread before me always.
Always set the bread of the Presence on the table before Me
- ¶ And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold : of beaten work shall the candlestick be made : his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.
- And six branches shall come out of the sides of it ; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side :
- three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch ; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower : so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.
- And in the candlestick shall be four bowls made like unto almonds, with their knops and their flowers.
- And there shall be a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches that proceed out of the candlestick.
- Their knops and their branches shall be of the same : all of it shall be one beaten work of pure gold.
- And thou shalt make the seven lamps thereof : and they shall light the lamps thereof, that they may give light over against it.
- And the tongs thereof, and the snuffdishes thereof, shall be of pure gold.
- Of a talent of pure gold shall he make it, with all these vessels.
- And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was showed thee in the mount.
Descriptives of the candle stick. To be of fine blended gold.