- And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the Lord, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.
And the Lord said unto Moses. Come unto the Lord. You as well as Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and seventy elders of Israel. And worship from afar.
- And Moses alone shall come near the Lord: but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.
Only Moses is to come near the Lord. No one else is to come close.
- And Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the Lord hath said will we do.
Moses then returned and told the people what the Lord said, and they responded and said…all what the Lord asks us to do, we will do.
- And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.
And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord down, then he rose up early the next morning, and built altars under the hill. He built an altar at the bottom of the hill and 12 pillars. One for each tribe of Israel.
- And he sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the Lord.
Then he sent men of Israel (I’m assuming tribe by tribe) who offered burnt offerings and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the Lord.
- And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basins; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
And he took half of the blood of the sacrifice and put it in basins and the other half, he sprinkled on the altar
- And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.
And he took the book wherein he wrote the covenant and he read it to the people, and they said…we will do what the Lord has said, and we will be obedient
- And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.
Then Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and he said…this is the blood of the covenant the Lord just made with you concerning these words.
- Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel
Then Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and the seventy elders of Israel, went up
- and they saw the God of Israel : and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
And they saw the God of Israel. 74 of them. And the bottom of his feet was like a pavement of sapphire stone, and it was like the body of heaven in clarity.
It was clear as the skies without clouds. God revealed himself to them.
- And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
He didn’t attack the nobles of Israel. But they saw Him, and they ate and drank.
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.
And the Lord said to Moses, climb up the mountain and come and meet me.
I will give you tables of stone, a law, and commandments that I-the Lord have written, so that you can teach them
- And Moses rose up, and his minister Joshua; and Moses went up into the mount of God.
Moses rose up, and so did his minister Joshua, and Moses went up the mountain of God
- And he said unto the elders, Tarry ye here for us, until we come again unto you: and, behold, Aaron and Hur are with you: if any man have any matters to do, let him come unto them.
And Moses said unto the elders, wait here for us, Neil we come back to you, look Aaron and Hur are here with you (the two people that held Moses’ hand when Israel warred with Amalek. If there be any matter, bring it to them.
- And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.
And Moses went up the mountain, and a cloud did cover it.
- And the glory of the Lord abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.
The Glory of the Lord rested and dwelled upon mount Sinai and the cloud covered the mountain for 6 days.
And on the 7th day, He called unto Moses from inside the cloud
- And the sight of the glory of the Lord was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.
And the Glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain to the children of Israel. That’s what they saw. We don’t know how it was from the view of Moses
- And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.
And Moses went through the midst of the cloud and got to the top of the mountain.
And Moses remained there for 40days and 40nights 🙊