- In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai.
- For they were departed from Rephidim, and were come to the desert of Sinai, and had pitched in the wilderness; and there Israel camped before the mount.
Month 3 came…and on the dame day they left Egypt…the 14…they came to the wilderness of Sinai. 14th of the 3rd month.
They set up their tents there in the desert of Sinai just before the mountain.
- And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
Moses went up to God and the Lord called unto him….look at the order…God did not call before he made the move…he made the move and a God called him…and told him to tell Israel….
- Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles’ wings, and brought you unto myself.
You’ve seen what I-the Lord has done to the Egyptians and how I-the Lord put you on eagles wings and brought you unto me.
- Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people : for all the earth is mine:
- and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
IF YOU WILL SINCERELY OBEY MY VOICE, AND KEEP MY COVENANT, YOU WILL BE A RARE AND SPECIAL TREASURE TO ME above all people. The earth belongs to me. I can choose anyone, but you, You will be unto me, a kingdom of priests, a Holy nation…those are the words the Lord gave Moses for the children of Israel.
- And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord commanded him.
And Moses called unto their elders and told it to them that they may relate it to the children of Israel.
- And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.
And the people said…we will do all that the lord has said…and Moses told unto the Lord what the people said…
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the Lord.
And the lord told Moses, I will come to you in form of a thick cloud, the people will hear when I speak to you, and FOREVER you will be believed.
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes,
The lord told Moses to go and sanctify the people today and tomorrow and get them to wash their clothes (a change of garment…same as when Jacob was visited by the Lord to go to Luz/bethel)
- and be ready against the third day: for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.
And be ready for the third day 😬😬 because there on the third day, the lord will come down upon mount Sinai and the people will see…
- And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying, Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it : whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death:
And you will warn them not to climb the mountain or touch its borders…set boundaries and sign posts…because anyone who does will die.
- there shall not a hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
No hand should touch that which touches the mountain, be it man or animal, he has to be stoned or shot through 😳🏹🎱
When the trumpet sounds for white a while, then, they can come. That is the signal for climbing the mountain.
- And Moses went down from the mount unto the people, and sanctified the people; and they washed their clothes.
Moses then descended from the mountain and sanctified the people and they washed their clothes,
- And he said unto the people, Be ready against the third day: come not at your wives.
And he told them…be ready for the third day 😬😬 don’t have sexual relations with your wives.
- And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.
Then on the third day, in the morning there was thunder and lightning and a thick cloud was upon the mountain, and the voice of the trumpet was very loud and the people shook in fear.
- And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.
Moses then brought them, and they stood at the lower part of the mount.
- And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
And the mountain was smoking
Because the lord came upon it In fire, and the smoke went up like a smoke of fire…it was fire anyway…and the mountain shook greatly.
- And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.
And the voice of the trumpet sounded for a long period and each moment…like it was automated, it kept getting louder and louder…📶 Moses spoke…and the lord answered him with a voice (some versions say thunder)
- And the Lord came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the Lord called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up.
The lord was at the topmost part of the mountain, and he called unto Moses to come up.
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Go down, charge the people, lest they break through unto the Lord to gaze, and many of them perish.
And when he went up, the lord told him, go back down, and speak to the people to warm them or else they would try to come and see the lord, of which they would die.
- And let the priests also, which come near to the Lord, sanctify themselves, lest the Lord break forth upon them.
Tell the priests that come near the lord to sanctify themselves, else the lord will break forth on them and they will die, (there were even priests among them).
- And Moses said unto the Lord, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, saying, Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it.
And Moses told the lord…(who would even want to climb down that height just to climb back up again?) lord, no one will climb the mountain, I told them before and we set boundaries (someone told me it takes at least 2 hours to climb the mountain….I don’t know how true…so a round trip should be about 4hours 🙀🙊)
- And the Lord said unto him, Away, get thee down, and thou shalt come up, thou, and Aaron with thee: but let not the priests and the people break through to come up unto the Lord, lest he break forth upon them.
And the lord told him…OUT 👉🏾👉🏾👉🏾go down there and come back up with Aaron…but don’t let the priests or the people break through and say they want to climb. Else the lord will break forth on them and they will die.
- So Moses went down unto the people, and spake unto them.
Then Moses went down and spoke to the people.