- And the Lord said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterward he will let you go hence when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether.
And the Lord spoke to Moses…I will bring just one more plague to pharaoh and Egypt, then after that, he will let you go.
- Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbor, and every woman of her neighbor, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold.
Go and tell the people…everyone should borrow from their neighbours, jewels of gold and silver
- And the Lord gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover, the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants, and in the sight of the people.
Normally, the Egyptians wouldn’t give them such, but God made them find Favour before the Egyptians. And now, to the eyes of everyone (pharaohs servant and the people), Moses was a great man, because of the things that were happening.
- And Moses said, Thus saith the Lord, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:
And Moses said to pharaoh…in the night, I-the Lord- will go to the Centre of Egypt,
- and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.
All the firstborn in Egypt will die. Even pharaohs firstborn, the firstborn son of his maid and first born of all the animals (this was basically payback for Pharaoh killing all the new born males of the children of Israel).
- And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.
And there shall be a great cry in Egypt, a type that has never existed, and a type that will not exist after this
- But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the Lord doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel.
But nothing. Absolutely nothing will happen to the children of Israel and their possession, for you to know that the Lord has separated the children of Israel from the Egyptians.
- And all these thy servants shall come down unto me, and bow down themselves unto me, saying, Get thee out, and all the people that follow thee: and after that I will go out. And he went out from Pharaoh in a great anger.
And all the servants of pharaoh will come to me and bow down, and tell me to leave, with all the children of Israel. And I will leave. And Moses left the presence of pharaoh in anger.
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt.
And the Lord said to Moses, pharaoh will not listen to you, so that my work will be multiplied in Egypt.
- And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.
And Pharaoh’s heart was hardened that he would not let the children of Israel leave the land (egypt).