- Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
Then the Lord told Moses, now, your eyes will see what I will do to pharaoh. Because only with a strong hand will he let them go, and with a strong hand shall be himself drive them out of the land.
- And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord :
And God said…I AM the Lord.
- and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty ; but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.
And I appeared unto Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God almighty. But they never knew me as Jehovah. (Meaning, I am appearing unto you from a different angle that even your fathers did not know).
- And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
And I have established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan where they were strangers.
- And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
I have heard the cries of my people who are in bondage and I have remembered the covenant I had with their fathers.
- Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
Tell the children of Israel, I AM Jehovah (the Lord) and I will bring you out of your suffering under the Egyptians. You will not be their slaves anymore, I WILL SAVE YOU WITH MY STRETCHED HAND and with great judgements.
- and I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
You will be my people and I will be your God and you will know that I am the Lord your God who brought you out from your bondage under the Egyptians.
- And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning that which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for a heritage: I am the Lord.
I will give you the land I swore unto Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, as an inheritance.
I AM the Lord.
- And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.
Moses did speak to the children of Israel but they didn’t listen to him, because of pain, suffering and bondage put on them by pharaoh.
- And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
- Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.
And the Lord told Moses, go to pharaoh that he may let the children of Israel go out of his land.
- And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am of uncircumcised lips?
Moses then said to the Lord…the children of Israel have not listen to me, how will pharaoh now listen to me with this mouth of mine that is not pure.
- And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, and gave them a charge unto the children of Israel, and unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
- These be the heads of their fathers’ houses: The sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel; Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi: these be the families of Reuben.
- And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman: these are the families of Simeon.
- And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari: and the years of the life of Levi were a hundred thirty and seven years.
- The sons of Gershon; Libni, and Shimi, according to their families.
- And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel : and the years of the life of Kohath were a hundred thirty and three years.
- And the sons of Merari; Mahali and Mushi: these are the families of Levi according to their generations.
- And Amram took him Jochebed his father’s sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were a hundred and thirty and seven years.
- And the sons of Izhar; Korah, and Nepheg, and Zichri.
- And the sons of Uzziel; Mishael, and Elzaphan, and Zithri.
- And Aaron took him Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab, sister of Naashon, to wife; and she bare him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.
- And the sons of Korah; Assir, and Elkanah, and Abiasaph: these are the families of the Korhites.
- And Eleazar Aaron’s son took him one of the daughters of Putiel to wife; and she bare him Phinehas: these are the heads of the fathers of the Levites according to their families.
- These are that Aaron and Moses, to whom the Lord said, Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt according to their armies.
The Lord said we should bring the out, according to their armies. Family by family. God gave them the tree, which no one else would have known.
- These are they which spake to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring out the children of Israel from Egypt: these are that Moses and Aaron.
- And it came to pass on the day when the Lord spake unto Moses in the land of Egypt,
- that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, I am the Lord: speak thou unto Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say unto thee.
When the Lord then spoke to Moses, I AM the Lord, go and speak unto pharaoh all that I will tell you.
- And Moses said before the Lord, Behold, I am of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken unto me?
And Moses said…my mouth is not pure. How will pharaoh listen to me?