- Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the back side of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
Moses kept the flock of Jethro, his father in law, and he led to the flock to the back of the desert and he came to the mountain of God in Horeb.
- And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
And the Angel of the Lord appeared unto him as fire in a bush and he looked and observed that there was fire in the bush, but the bush was not getting destroyed.
- And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
And out of curiosity, in Moses’ heart Moses said, I will find out why the bush is not burning.
- And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
And when the Lord saw that he was interested, God called unto him in the midst of the bush. Now the Angel was the fire, but the voice was God. Moses, Moses. And Moses responded, here I am.
- And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet; for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
Don’t come closer, pull of your footwear, for you stand on holy ground.
- Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
By the way, ‘I am’ the God of your father Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and Moses hid his face because he was afraid of seeing God.
- And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;
And I have seen the suffering of my people on Egypt. I have heard their cry and I know their woe.
- and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey ; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
And ‘I Am’ here to deliver them out of the grip of the Egyptians and to bring them out of the land of Egypt into a larger land that is good and flowing with milk and honey. I am taking you to the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, perrizites, hittites and jebusites.
- Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.
Now, the cry of the children of Israel has come unto me (it didn’t come before) and I have seen what they go through there.
- Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
Come, I will send you to pharaoh that you may bring my people out of Egypt.
- And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?
And Moses belittled himself saying, who am I to go unto pharaoh?, who am I to bring forth your children out of Egypt?
- And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee : When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
And God said, surely, I will be with you. Watch and see, as a confirmation, when you bring them out of there, you will worship me on this mount.
- And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them
And Moses said unto God, when I approach them and tell them God of their fathers sent me to them and they ask for your name, what do I say?
- And God said unto Moses, I am that I am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I am hath sent me unto you.
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT (which) I AM. (Meaning I am indescribable and I will be whoever/whatever I want to be at any time). What you will tell them is that The ‘I AM’ sent me to you.
- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you : this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
Moreover, I am the Lord a God of your (and their) fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and this is what I have been known as and would be known as forever. That is what people will use to remember me.
- Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt:
Gather the elders of Israel and tell them the Lord God of your fathers -Abraham, Isaac and Jacob appeared unto me and said, I have come unto you and have seen what you’re going through.
- and I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.
I will bring you out of Egypt and give to you the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, perrizites, hittites and jebusites. -a land flowing with milk and honey.
- And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.
Talking to Moses, God said…after telling them that, they will listen to your voice and you and the elders of Israel will go u to pharaoh and tell him…the Lord God of the Hebrews has appeared unto us. Now with all due respect, let us go. It is a 3 day journey into the wilderness, let us go, that we may sacrifice unto God.
- And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
And God told Moses, I AM SURE THAT PHARAOH WILL NOT LET YOU GO, EXCEPT BY A STRONG HAND
- And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.
And I will stretch forth my strong hand (since that’s what he needs) and smite Egypt with all my wonders …that I will do. Then after that, he will let you go.
- And I will give this people favor in the sight of the Egyptians : and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:
And I will give the people Favour in the eyes of the Egyptians and they won’t leave Egypt empty.
- but every woman shall borrow of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.
Tell everywoman to ask her neighbour for jewels of gold, silver and clothing, and put them on your children, and you will destroy the Egyptians.