- This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Now this is the record/account of the generations of Adam until that current time. God made man/Adam in his likeness
- male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Male and Female (the two real genders) He created them and blessed them and called them ‘Man’. (Adam means man).
- And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
When Adam was 130 years of age, he had a son, whom he named ‘Seth’.
- and the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
Adam lived an extra 800 years (and had sonS and daughterS) and therefore, he lived to be 930. (even though, he still died, just as God had said).
- ¶ And Seth lived a hundred and five years, and begat Enos:
Seth had Enos(h) when he was 105 years of age.
- and Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
Seth then had extra 807 years. He lived to be 912 years. (he was not able to attain the age his father attained. Then he passed away. – the Word of God stands.
- ¶ And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:
Enos(h) was 90 years of age when he had Cainan
- and Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
And he lived 815 more years. He lived up to 905 years of age. Also not getting to Seth’s age. Man’s life had begun to dwindle. Then he died -survived by Sons and Daughters.
- ¶ And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel:
When Cainan was 70 years of age, he begat Mahalaleel.
- and Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.
He lived 840 more years. Total of 910 years. He surpassed his father in age. Then he died.
- ¶ And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
Mahalaleel was 65 years when he had Jared.
- and Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died.
Then he lived 830 more years. A total of 895 years. Almost a 100 years below Adam.
- ¶ And Jared lived a hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
By 162 years of age, Jared begat Enoch.
- and Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
Then he lived 800 more years. Total of 963 years. He lived longer than Adam. (there must have been a special grace accompanying him). Then he later passed away.
- ¶ And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
By 65 years old, Enoch had Methuselah
- and Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
After he had Methuselah, he lived 300 more years. And the Bible says “He walked (faithfully) with God” (He also pleased God/God was pleased with Him) those 300years. That’s more than 3lives in this current time. And most of us want to walk with God and we do it for a few days or months and quit.
- and all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
So he lived a total of 365 years.
- and Enoch walked with God: and he was not-(found)/no more; for God took him.
This is an exciting verse. Enoch was simply gone one day
I like to look at it this way.
God and Noah being best friends. Assuming Noah goes to school all day, then when he returns, he would go straight to meet his best friend (God) in his house, they would talk, hangout, have fun. When its evening time, his best friend would have to see him off back home so his parents don’t get worried. But he follows him home and they still talk and don’t want to let each other go. So this “best friend” has to wait till Enoch is done with school every day, just to meet with him and have some fun. And after about 300years God just said “I can’t take it anymore, just come to a place I will take you” They were that close.
“He was not (found)”
He was taken away to s location which was not mentioned And he was never found. The Bible so far doesn’t say he was taken to heaven or into the skies. No one could just find him. Like he just took a walk to his best friend’s house and never returned. He pleased God and therefore, Not more was said about him. His story was soooo precious to God, that it was limited to just a phrase.
- ¶ And Methuselah lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
His son, Methuselah lived 150 years then begat Lamech.
- and Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
He then lived 782 more years and finally passed away at 969. He happened to be the man who lived the longest, before death, in the history of man. (we can assume a link to this, because of the grace of life that Jared –his grandfather- had, and in addition with what came of Enoch)
- ¶ And Lamech lived a hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
By 182 years, Lamech had a Son. (notice how the introduction is different. Others begat….(the name would be mentioned, but here, A SON).
- and he called his name Noah [rest or comfort], saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.
And he called him “Noah” (rest/relief) – he will comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed”. Names are important parts of our lives. They stay with us forever, even in death (maybe in Heaven too). Did Noah fulfill his name? we shall find out.
- And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:
- and all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died.
Lamech lived 595 more years and ended up giving up the ghost at 777 years. The least of his time.
- ¶ And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
When Noah was 500years of age, he had 3 children.