- And thou shalt make an altar to burn incense upon : of shittim wood shalt thou make it.
- A cubit shall be the length thereof, and a cubit the breadth thereof ; foursquare shall it be : and two cubits shall be the height thereof : the horns thereof shall be of the same.
Make an altar of wood for burning incense and follow the following descriptives
- And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, the top thereof, and the sides thereof round about, and the horns thereof ; and thou shalt make unto it a crown of gold round about.
- And two golden rings shalt thou make to it under the crown of it, by the two corners thereof, upon the two sides of it shalt thou make it ; and they shall be for places for the staves to bear it withal.
- And thou shalt make the staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.
- And thou shalt put it before the veil that is by the ark of the testimony, before the mercy seat that is over the testimony, where I will meet with thee.
Put it In front of the curtain that shields the ark of testimony. That is where I will meet with you.
- And Aaron shall burn thereon sweet incense every morning : when he dresseth the lamps, he shall burn incense upon it.
Aaron is to burn sweet Incense every morning. When he attends to the lamp \|/// he is to burn the incense
- And when Aaron lighteth the lamps at even, he shall burn incense upon it, a perpetual incense before the Lord throughout your generations.
When Aaron keeps the candles on, he must burn the incense. There must be incense continually before God forever
- Ye shall offer no strange incense thereon, nor burnt sacrifice, nor meat offering ; neither shall ye pour drink offering thereon.
There should be no unauthorized incense, there shouldn’t be any burnt offering, grain offering or drink offering there.
- And Aaron shall make an atonement upon the horns of it once in a year with the blood of the sin offering of atonements ; once in the year shall he make atonement upon it throughout your generations : it is most holy unto the Lord.
Aaron is to make atonement once a year on the horns of the altar, once a year with the blood of the sin offering, forever. It is very holy to the Lord
- ¶ And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
The Lord then spoke to Moses.
- When thou takest the sum of the children of Israel after their number, then shall they give every man a ransom for his soul unto the Lord, when thou numberest them ; that there be no plague among them, when thou numberest them.
When you count the number of the children of Israel, everyone is to pay a random to redeem his soul from the Lord, so that no plague will come on them
- This they shall give, every one that passeth among them that are numbered, half a shekel after the shekel of the sanctuary : (a shekel is twenty gerahs 🙂 a half shekel shall be the offering of the Lord.
Anyone who gets counted is to pay half a shekel as an offering to the Lord.
- Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the Lord.
All those who are twenty and above are the ones to give the offering.
- The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less, than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the Lord, to make an atonement for your souls.
The rich are not to give more, neither are the poor to give less than half a shekel when they are atoning for their souls. Every man’s payment is the same
- And thou shalt take the atonement money of the children of Israel, and shalt appoint it for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation ; that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, to make an atonement for your souls.
Collect the atonement money and give it for the service of the place of meeting so it may be for remembrance of the atonement of your souls.
- ¶ And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
- Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal : and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein.
Moses, you are to make a basin that’s made of bronze and a bronze stand for washing, put it in between the place of meeting and the altar and put water in the basin
- For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat :
Aaron and his sons (the priests) are to wash their hands and feet there
- when they go into the tabernacle of the congregation, they shall wash with water, that they die not ; or when they come near to the altar to minister, to burn offering made by fire unto the Lord :
- so they shall wash their hands and their feet, that they die not : and it shall be a statute for ever to them, even to him and to his seed throughout their generations.
Whenever they go to the place of meeting or come to the altar or offer sacrifice, they are to wash their hands and feet with water, so they don’t die.
It is a rule to them forever.
- ¶ Moreover the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
The Lord spoke to Moses and said,
- Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,
- and of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive a hin :
Take 500 shekels of flowing myrrh, 250 shekels of cinnamon 250 shekels of calamus 500 of cassia and a hin o of olive oil.
- and thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary : it shall be a holy anointing oil.
Those are the ingredients of a perfumish anointing oil
- And thou shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony,
- and the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick and his vessels, and the altar of incense,
- and the altar of burnt offering with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot.
Anoint the place of meeting, the ark of testimony, the table, menorah, altar of incense, altar of burnt offering, basin, and all of their articles and utensils with it
- And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy : whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy.
Consecrate them and they will be holy and whatever touches them will be holy as well
- And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister unto me in the priest’s office.
Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them that they may minister unto me as priests.
- And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, This shall be a holy anointing oil unto me throughout your generations.
Tell Israel, that this is to be a holy anointing oil to me for all generations.
- Upon man’s flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it : it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you.
It must not be poured on human flesh, neither are you to remake it, it is holy, and to you, it must also be holy
- Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people.
Whoever remakes it or puts it on anything without authorization will be cut off
- ¶ And the Lord said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum ; these sweet spices with pure frankincense : of each shall there be a like weight :
And the Lord said to Moses, take the sweet spices…and pure frankincense
- and thou shalt make it a perfume, a confection after the art of the apothecary, tempered together, pure and holy :
- and thou shalt beat some of it very small, and put of it before the testimony in the tabernacle of the congregation, where I will meet with thee : it shall be unto you most holy.
Make a perfumish like substance from them and season it with salt. Pure and Holy it is.
Grind some of it and turn it to powder, put it in front of the testimony, in the place of meeting. It is holy.
- And as for the perfume which thou shalt make, ye shall not make to yourselves according to the composition thereof : it shall be unto thee holy for the Lord.
Don’t remake this Incense to use. It is holy.
- Whosoever shall make like unto that, to smell thereto, shall even be cut off from his people.
Anyone who remakes it, burns it to smell it, will be cut off from his people.